Thread: Bluetooth license check failed

Bluetooth license check failed

Hi,

I am using Windows XP and have installed Bluetooth to run a mobile phone. When I transfer my data to MS outlook, I am getting error, 'Bluetooth License check failed. Please make sure that the Blutooth Device is plugged in/turned on, the device you are using is licensed for this software and that your license has not expired.' I also installed motorola phone tools for the razr and that program is not picking up the bluetooth signal. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bluetooth license check failed

It is necessary to verify that your Bluetooth is turned on and see what you have Bluetooth Devices in Device Manager. If that is all well and click the BT icon in the system tray, control panel or the desktop does not open My Bluetooth Places, then you better reinstall the Bluetooth software. TP Use Software Installer. I hope that helps.

Do you have any other Bluetooth device connected to the TP, along with the mouse? The mouse will run without SetPoint. But sacrificing a few settings. For example, I like to set Click Wheel = Back you can not do with the generic MS mouse SW.

I got to work today, finally. What helped me is to uninstall the Bluetooth driver installed the system update. After I downloaded a driver much older than the Lenovo home page "Microsoft Bluetooth support" instead of "software Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate". After restarting my Bluetooth is working ...

Could you send me the link for the older driver that worked?
    mine has been acting up the same way but so far everything i did brought no results...

THANKS

I think you guys have Blue Soleil software from IVT Corporation. This problem occcurs when you use a new software over a older one. Search for IVT Corporation for Blue Soleil bluetooth software and you will get what you want. All the best!

Device drivers are small codes and files that form a bridge of communication between the hardware and operating system installed on a computer. You will need to be running with Administrator privileges or you will get security warnings. You will also need to manually disable the "WLAN Autoconfig" service or you will receive a warning about not being able to disable the WZC service.

Hi All.
    thanks very much for the replies. I am a little illiterate when it comes to higher lever computing topics. I added the IVT but still no cigar, the old "thinkpad bluetooth with enhanced data rate II" keeps getting back event though i remove it...
    thanks anyway.
    cheers.