Thread: How to format Windows Mobile

How to format Windows Mobile

Hi,
    My Windows Mobile is working extremely slow. I think this due to any corrupt file of virus infection. I want to format the mobile to remove the virus as how we do in Windows. I need some suggestion on this. Second this is there any free antivirus too that can scan my mobile and protect the same from virus infections. After formatting, how can I restore back the entire operating systems. If anyone has face the same issue the what was the appropriate solution tried by him. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to format Windows Mobile

The best way will be restoring your mobile to factory setting. This will clear up your mobile data and applications. So better take a backup of your mobile. Basically it is a very handy tool to protect your mobile from getting messed up. You can see more information on this in the manual you go with the phone. In my mobile I had gone in Settings > System Tab. Here you can see a Clear Storage or a Factory settings option. Press it and enter 1234 and Yes. This will delete all your current settings and applications.

I will recommend you to first soft reset your phone and then install the mobile version of Kapersky antivirus. This will save you data, applications and other settings also. You can see a small hole at the back side of phone near the usb connector. Use thing pin and press then button. Then after that remove the battery of mobile for few minutes and put it back again. The mobile security version of Kaspersky is designed to protect the mobile from malware, virus, etc. It offers much more than a antivirus protection.
    Kaspersky Mobile Security 8.0

You can download and use Flash Format tool. It is a simple and fully functional tool which is used to format the storage card in Windows Mobile. It supports Windows CE 3.0 or higher. It is an handy tool which clears up your memory data and store back the file formats plus sectors and clusters things also. It supports all types of SD cards and flash cards. The tool also has a repair, verify and other tools to do advance troubleshooting.