Thread: USB flash drive not showing contents

USB flash drive not showing contents

Hello Good Morning,

Had a virus virus attack on my flash drive and deleted the infected files with an anti virus application, I was wary during that time since the drive had my vital files on it.Unfortunately, on using the device now, the flash drive seems to be containing nothing, even though I have confirmed that all hidden files are shown in the folder options settings. I assumed that perhaps I had removed all the files by mistake but the device properties says it is 3/4 full, revealing all my files are still on it, but I just canĀ“t view them Does anyone give me a hand in order to recover those files

any helps should be appreciated

Re: USB flash drive not showing contents

I imagine they weren't hidden files, were they? Open up My Computer to get in to your USB stick. On the menu bar get the Folder Options from tools and click on the View tab. Confirm that under "Files and Folders> Hidden Files and Folders" you can see the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" radio button clicked. Hit apply and quit of that pop-up. Look out your USB stick again to view if the files reappear.

This sounds like a bizarre., my first suggestion would be to test the USB flash drive in another PC and see if it shows the same free capacity and whether or not you can see your files. Else it could be problem with your drive..who is the manufacture any way..are you sure your files are not corrupted

Were the files on the mentioned devices made on that computer under the same user profile? If not, you may need to take ownership of the files.What happens if you insert the device? that does not require a driver.