Thread: Failed to locate Supported File Types or There Are No Photos Found on this Device

Failed to locate Supported File Types or There Are No Photos Found on this Device

Hi,

I have a Nano ipod, and suddenly I see this error message every time I plug it into laptop. I get the error message, "Failed to locate Supported File Types or There Are No Photos Found on this Device"I have tried several things, even restoring. When I restored it did not complete the activity and ended up locking my ipod. Any idea how to fix?

Re: Failed to locate Supported File Types or There Are No Photos Found on this Device

It sounds like some media-library type program on your PC is scanning the iPod for photos and there aren't any of your has some conflict with your system with a camera or flash card reader. Are either of those connected?

Re: Failed to locate Supported File Types or There Are No Photos Found on this Device

I had got a similar error: "Failed to locate file types or there are no photos found". In your photo software program make a folder called iPod photos. Then navigate to this folder through the iPod file by clicking on the photos tab. This worked for me.

It seems that Windows detects the iPod as a memory card. The standard Windows connection to memory card devices is as a bulk storage device, so that Apple would be aware of this and permits. It is the most likely cause I think something in Windows taking over the bad connection. I suppose that a conflict with a special software for some brands of digital cameras. It is a right pain with Windows XP. Notice the message in the header mentions photos? The camera software is probably busy trying to download photos from a camera.