Thread: How can i transfer my Nokia data to MAC with iSync

How can i transfer my Nokia data to MAC with iSync

Hi,, i am a MAC user and have Nokia n90 mobile phone. I want to trnasfer all my mobile contents to my MAC OS computer with the help of iSync that i have already downloaded with USB cable synchronization .

Could you guys please make me know how can i Setting up iSync using USB cable to transfer Nokia data to MAC? Thanks for the help.

Re: How can i transfer my Nokia data to MAC with iSync

All Nokia devices supported by iSync can connect to your Mac through Bluetooth. However, selected Nokia device models can also be synchronized through a USB cable in addition to using Bluetooth. If iSync supports both Bluetooth and USB connections to your Nokia device, you can choose whichever connection method you prefer for the initial setup.

To Setting up iSync using USB cable, just go through these steps:-

• Launch the iSync application on your Mac. Go to Finder Menu > Go > Applications > iSync.

• From the iSync menu, select add device, then chose your Nokia device from the list.

• Your Nokia device will be added to the iSync window. You may now sync your calendar and contact info.

Thats it!!

The data connection you choose will be the default connection method between your Nokia device and iSync on your Mac. If you wish to change it in the future, you will need to remove your Nokia device from iSync and run this set up again, using the new connection method. In order to sync your calendar and contacts with iSync just go through these steps:-

1. Launch the iSync application, Go to Finder menu > Go > Applications > iSync.

2. If you want to change your synchronization options, double-click on your Nokia device icon in the iSync window.

3. To synchronize your calendar and contact info, click Sync Devices.

You are done.

You can also connect your phone to your Mac using either IrDA or Bluetooth. Before you can pair your mobile device and Mac with Bluetooth, you’ll need to enable Bluetooth on your Mac.Many mobile telephones have an infrared (IrDA) port that you can use to connect to PowerBook computers that also have IrDA ports.

For more info and complete instructions of paring your mobile phone to MAC via Bluetooth, see this post Connecting Mac to mobile phone via bluetooth