Thread: What is difference between PIN2-PUK-PUK2 code

What is difference between PIN2-PUK-PUK2 code

Hi,, I am a Nokia user. I have seen many times when we enter some wrong pin codes on the phone, the device asks for some code like PUK2 or PIN2 etc...

I wanted to know what the difference between these Mobile codes? Could anyone help me out for this ? Help appreciated.

Re: What is difference between PIN2-PUK-PUK2 code

Your phone is equipped with one or more codes to protect it against unauthorized use. Basically Pincode stands for personal Identification Number that is 4 digit number which is used to lock the phone.

The PIN and PUK codes actually protect the SIM card, a small card inside your phone that establishes the network connection.The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone.

PUK or Personal Unblocking Key and PUK2 are series of numbers that you need to use in case the PIN and PIN2 of your SIM card is blocked.In most cases, your operator or service provider is the best source of assistance with PIN and PUK codes. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your phone may request a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code. The PUK code is an 8-digit code provided by your operator or service provider. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.

If your phone or simcard gets locked to due multiple tries of wrong password than with out entering the correct pin code you can't access your phone.PIN2 or Personal Identity Number 2 is a series of numbers that you need to dial so that you can be able to access the priority number memory and cost of calls.Please contact your operator or service provider for assistance with your PIN and/or PUK codes. If you have already contacted your service provider and the code provided did not work, you will have to obtain a new SIM card from your operator or service provider.