Thread: Nokia N93i infrared connection problem

Nokia N93i infrared connection problem

Hi,, i bought a Nokia N93i Mobile phone last month. Its really a cool device and is working fine except the one thing. It is not able to connect any device via infrared.

Its bluetooth is fine but due to some reason i need to connect via infrared. Could you guys please help me out in this ? Help appreciated.

Re: Nokia N93i infrared connection problem

Well, i am not able to get the exact cause of this problem but we can try out some troubleshooting that can help you out. First of all make sure that the infrared ports of the devices you are trying to connect face each other and are within range (for instance, 30 cm).Make sure that there are no physical obstructions blocking a line-of-sight connection between the two devices. Bright sunlight can also interfere with the connection.

I think you need to change the Connect Rate of your Nokia N93i. Also adjust the speed of the other device's infrared connection to 115.2 kbps.

To do so Go to Control Panel -> Wireless Link -> Hardware tab -> Properties -> Advanced tab. In the Property list, select Maximum Connect Rate, and set the value at 115.2 kbps.

If your Nokia product supports infrared connections, you can usually activate infrared from the menu titled Connect., Connections, or Connectivity.Select the Infrared icon or open the Infrared folder and select Activate.Make sure that the infrared ports of the devices you are trying to connect face each other and are within range.