Thread: fn f4 does not work on my hp dv1000

fn f4 does not work on my hp dv1000

Please help me fn f4 does not work on my hp dv1000 i restart it but the same issue . it is clicking not broken but projector keeps searching for my monitor, what should i do thanks for the help .

Re: fn f4 does not work on my hp dv1000

To solve the issue :

The graphics driver is a program that allows the display to communicate with the Windows operating system. Updating your graphics driver can improve overall performance and fix many problems - including using the fn+F4 key combination to toggle between displays.

To determine if you need to update your graphics driver, you will need to compare the version number of the graphics driver that is installed on your PC against the version number of the latest available graphics driver on the HP Web site. You should always download and install the driver with the highest version number.

NOTE: The graphics drivers for different notebook models have different version numbers.

For more detailed information about how to download and install the latest graphics driver for your video card from the HP Web site, refer to Downloading and installing the latest driver from the HP web site .

I am having this problem when i am in Windows Media Player, why would be that issue do i have to update my driver or updating my graphic driver will solve the issue ?
    Thanks

HP recommends not using the display switching feature when running Windows Media Player on battery power.

To resolve this issue, close the current instance of the Windows Media Player, and connect the AC adapter to the notebook before restarting Windows Media Player. When Windows Media Player is operating on AC power, use the Fn+F4 key combination to switch the display.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thanks, I had this problem as well (Compaq Armada M300). Had to remove all display adapters and restart windows, and reboot. Windows-XP re-installs new drivers, and problem is solved.