Thread: Brightness lost

Brightness lost

Hello members,

I am using a Toshiba satellite something or other model. this afternoon it abruptly had a loss of brightness, it is fine while warming up but once ready to go it goes dull, i can still use it but its begun to hurt my eyes i am looking for solution in the forum but if anyone can help me out please update the answers..

thanks...

Re: Brightness lost

All right, you have to visit Toshiba's official website and see if there are any updated drivers or new BIOS updates.then make sure to get those in to your computer.and try to reboot your computer in order to figure out it has any effect

You're telling that in the Displays Preferences, you no longer have a brightness control slider underneath the Resolutions box? how about the Resolutions box, are all of the resolutions you used to have to select from still available to you since the slider disappeared?.I normally think of Gamma and Brightness being some what the same....I do understand that changing Gamma does also alter the color channels

The exact relationship between the original light and the captured voltage on the camera sensor, or between the voltage on the computer monitor signal and the chemicals that makes the visible light, for instance, is referred to as the "gamma". Gamma adjustment is a correction to make the ultimate image appear the same as the original, in spite of the the non-linear characteristics of the technology used.Basically, some video cards report that they can alter LCD brightness themselves, in reality you have to go through the BIOS. In Intrepid, gnome-power-manager trusts the video card over.