Thread: Download videos from my Sony Handycam

Download videos from my Sony Handycam

Hi all,

I am using a Sony Handycam DCR-HC40E.I would like to download videos to my laptop from the cam.When I connect the handycam up to my laptop with the usb cable, the handycam says that the "USB is invalid in this mode during Easy Handycam.".Do I need some sort of driver application to download to my laptop before my computer detect the hardware?.Would really appreciate someone's help with this as I have got some important videos that I need to store onto a laptop.

thanks...

Re: Download videos from my Sony Handycam

Firewire will be safe for transferring DV from your camcorder to your laptop. Actually, DVD (MPEG-2) is much more compressed than native DV,. If you have a good application this isn't common issue.On the other hand Camcorder to camcorder DV copying should be possible using a 4-pin to 4-pin firewire cable. I have successfully done it between JVC and Canon camcorders.

Do you have driver software from Sony Handycam?You must install and you can attempt to connect again.But for the first connect, allow the operating system install the driver from handycam.also install your camera drivers again and try

Which operating system you are using if you are with windows vista run the sony usb driver under windows xp compatibility mode. Worked for me and now vista recognizes it.But remember download the driver for XP from Sony than before installing the driver.Microsoft neglected Sony making Vista. It doesn't support practically no Sony stuff.