Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009

Increase The Sound Volume on ipod touch / iphone

hi
i want to connect iPod Touch to Hi-Fi System to stream music from your iPod but on a mini Hi-Fi it turns out that the headphone output of the iPod and a few low power so i want to unlock Sound. so please help me and tell how to increase The Sound Volume than normal on ipod touch / iphone .
thank you
Old 07-09-2009

Re: Increase The Sound Volume on ipod touch / iphone

i think that can be only possible with jailbreak ipod touch or iphone so on an iPod jailbreak, go to the Installer find the application audioamp and install it. That's it! also try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwUwZRKX3M
Old 07-09-2009

first jailbreak it, then this UNCAPS the volume limit on iPod Touch models
What you need:
  • IPod Touch with Jailbreak
  • A program to edit. Plist files (macs come with one or you can use TextWrangler)
  • Cyberduck (or any other SFTP program)

What to do:

1. Connect to your iPod touch via SFTP
2. Copy the following file over to your desktop: / System / Library / Frameworks / Celestial.framework / RegionalVolumeLimits.plist
3. You should see a lot of keys (F, Z, ZD, etc ...) with a value of 0.82999999 (or 0.83)
4. Change the value of all keys to "1"
5. Save the file
6. Upload to the original file location on your iPod
7. Power off the iPod (using the red slider) and turn it back on.
8. Enjoy loud music.

It works, it is quite a large hike in volume as well!
Old 07-09-2009

you can install third party application on ipod touch which can help you to increase the volume but now problem is there is no such application available from apple so you will need to Jailbreak ipod ant that will void your warranty so choice ios yours

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,