Thread: How can i Install AirPort card on my Apple iBook

How can i Install AirPort card on my Apple iBook

I am a iBook Dual USB at my home which is not having AirPort card installed yet. So i need to install the AirPort Card on the same but donno how to do that and also don't wanna try without having the complete info. Could you guys please guide in installing AirPort Card on my Apple iBook ?

Re: How can i Install AirPort card on my Apple iBook

AirPort cards are Apple's AirPort wireless networking technology and are very necessary for iBooks as it allows you to surf the Internet from almost anywhere in your home or business. it also enables schools to provide Internet access to multiple students without installing expensive cabling.To install the AirPort card on Apple iBook, just go through this steps:-

• Shut down your computer, then remove any connected cables. Turn the computer over and remove the battery.
    • Release the keyboard by sliding the two plastic tabs away from the display. Then lift the keyboard, flip it over, and lay it on the palm rests. Touch a metal surface inside the computer.
    • If the AirPort Card came with an AirPort adapter, remove the metal clip and pull the AirPort Card from the adapter. The adapter and metal clip are not used with your iBook.
    • Flip up the wire bracket and connect the antenna to the AirPort card. Make sure the antenna is securely connected to the card.
    • Slide the AirPort card (with the AirPort ID number facing up) between the guides, under the wire bracket, and into the slot under the top edge of the trackpad.

Thats it...

Hey buddies, thanks for sharing this useful info and topic. I am also in need of something related to this and hope you can help me. Actually i have a installed AirPort card in my iBook and i wanna replace it due to some reason. Could you please let me know how to do the same ?

First of all you need to open the system in order to that but make sure to turn off the computer completely to avoid and damage to your system. Here is how to remove the Installed AirPort Card:-

• Unlatch the flexible wire holder that secures the card
    • Use the pull-tab on the card to remove it from the slot.
    • Disconnect the antenna cable from the AirPort Card by pulling straight back on its connector.

Now go through this steps to Install the Replacement AirPort Card:-

• If the AirPort Card came with the AirPort adapter, remove the metal clip and pull the AirPort Card from the adapter. The adapter and metal clip are not used with your iBook.
    • Locate the AirPort antenna cable connector and plug it into the port on the end of the AirPort Card. Make sure the connector is straight before inserting it into the card.
    • To install the AirPort Card, gently slide it under the wire bracket and securely into the AirPort Card slot.
    • Use the wire holder to secure the AirPort Card in place by inserting its prongs into the slots in the RAM shield.

You are done.