Thread: Move apps to the SD card

Move apps to the SD card

Heya,

I need to move apps to the SD card,same time i need to know what else the card can be used for? I am stick with OTA sync with Treo & MotoQ Does there an OTA or Bluetooth sync with the 8800 series? If not, what is the advanatge to pairing the Black Berry with my computer via Bluetooth?

any thoughts

Re: Move apps to the SD card

what are you looking for? using symlinks to create a shortcut?.the point is that I am looking to grab these files off of my phones memory and onto my sdcard....If I could run these apk files from my sdcard than they may reinstall onto the sdcard right?.If you are able to copy the data you require on the sd card to the sd card, then make a symlink to it, then it should cause the operating system to access the data off the phone and be seamlessly directed to the sd card.

My knowledge is that apps cannot be shifted to cards. The things you can handle would be on cards are media-type items such as videos, pictures, songs.This is an problem I am related with, but I have to find out how it shakes out. I have just put my first two non-standard apps and it has not killed the memory so I am cautiously optimistic.I was figuring out the available memory drop daily to almost below 9mb in eight days and I installed a skin that need a battery pull to complete the installation. After that I was back up to 16-17mb free space.

Don't think you can just "move" it to the SD card. You required to install it onto the SD card. There are some programs that can't be installed on a SD card.May be you can get a program On the palm. Get a program like FileZ to move them.not sure if it is gonna work out for you or not,give a try dude