Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install games on Samsung STAR (S5233)

Last week i purchased Samsung mobile phone It' realy nice touch screen phone with 3.2 megapixel. Music player also very good compare to there phone in that price range. I want to play some games on Samsung STAR and that game i downloaded on my computer but i am not able to install the games. Can some one help me ?

ON samsung STAR you can install .Jad file now. But other games will not work on this phone. Only touch screen game which is in .jad format will work on Samsung STAR. Just copy the .jad file from your computer and paste it on your phone and then install the game in your phone.

There is no specific driver provided for your Mobile model. But you can do one. Just click on the below link and then visit the Samsungs official site. Choose your model and then download the drive. If you does not found your model then click on the nearby model like Samsung 5600 series. Hope this drivers sometime works.

Click here for the Drivers site

while transfering files in TKfileexplorer it suddenly closes giving the error

as soon as i start to transfer .jar and .jad files to games folder in TKfileexplorer 2.2 i get immediate error
    (UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURED DURING TRANSFER)
    i have tried this 3 pc's but same problem)

If you have a branding on it, it doesn't work. It switches to normal after entering, you do not confirm

for my star i have to dial *#5239870*# then goto internals and masterkey-*#7092463*#.but after doing all stuff when i goto games and more,and open the game it appears invalid java format>why is it so .pls reply as quick as possible.

will you pls tell all the steps from starting to end in simple language?also when i transfer the jar file from upper coloum to lower coloum in tk file explorer,it transfers correctly but when i transfer the jad file the flie explorer shows "app crash"and my file explorer closes automatically.but when i re open it the file is there!i think there is some problem.

usually .jar files are compatible with many many mobiles and they wfunction easily. But .jad formats supports very rare mobile models. Even sometimes after getting properly installed they gives error while running them. So, forget about jad and just go with .jar files.

Re: How to install games on Samsung STAR (S5233)

Install games on Samsung STAR

• Go into Settings
    • Scroll down Port window: You should get just one COMxx option. Choose it and press OK.
    • Go to File - Connect. You should get the STAR File System Tree at TkFileExplorer bottom half side.
    • Go to /Exe/Java/Games
    • Create a New Folder for your game
    • At TkFileExplorer PC upper side select game JAD/JAR files and copy to created folder using drag&drop or right button menu Download option.
    • Repeat steps 9 & 10 for all games you want to install at a time.
    • Disconnect USB cable

Dial *#6984125*#

Go to Internals (Master Key: *#9072641*#)

Go to Storage Settings and select Update Java DB

Source : Yahoo

smile

As per u'r suggetion in which setting I have to go?

Where should I get that drivers?

But my model is Samsung star GT S5233W

i.e. Samsung star WIFI

There was no option for port window in setting.

can anyone help me out!!!
    the pc suite given to me with star doesnt support installing of softwares, what to do

I have the same problem as Snivas777 (UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURED DURING TRANSFER)
    Could someone please help me. Many thanks, Nangtinh

guys tk file explorer isent connecting me to any port is there any other way i can install games and apps on my samsung star touch

BUT WHAT WILL BE THE SETTING WHILE CONNECTING TO THE COM PORT (LIKE AS BUAD RATE, PARITY, DATA BIT ETC.)

whenever i dial *#6984125*#,it appears "incorrect data".why is it so?

smile Re: How to install games on Samsung STAR (S5233)

The simplest way I found is,

b) Upload the games you have (jar format is sufficient. No need of .jad file) in Upload Games section. If you don't have you can get it from here

c) Upload code will be generated. Make a note of it.

d) Through mobile browser goto

e) Enter the code, click on Get file, install and enjoy.

If you don't have games goto

l33t Re: How to install games on Samsung STAR (S5233)

Here are complete detailed instructions, this works with the Star and the Pixon.(wife and I have both). Have installed on both java apps on both phones without problems this way.

Step1) Download and install TKFileExplorer.(Google it) Install the USB driver you got with your phone.

Step2) Open TKFileExplorer and go to Settings then choose COM. On port,
    click the drop down menu and choose the only port that is visible (something like port 5/port 6).
    NOTE* you must NOT be connected in pc studio program. Now click on FILE and CONNECT.

Step3) On the bottom half of TKFileExplorer, browse through these folders Exe/Java/Games.
    Now that you are in games, create a new folder. Name it after what you are going to install
    (e.g Sims 3). Now you will need to place the .jar & .jad files of the program you
    will be installing.On the top half of TKFileExplorer, browse through to where you saved the application files (.jar/.jad) and select them both.
    Now right click and choose ‘Download’. All done for this part.

Step4. Open up your dial pad and enter the following, *#6984125*#.
    Choose INTERNALS and enter the following, *#9072641*#.
    Now scroll down and choose Storage Settings. Then update Java DB, followed by update apps database.
    Now you are finished. Go to Menu - Applications /Apps & Games. Your newly installed app should be visible!!!

Note: If you're wondering how to obtain the .JAD file of your game, download the JADmaker(google it )

I don't take credit for this, I simply found this solution elsewhere.

The Samsung STAR (S5233) mobile supports only the games based on the JAVA platform. So you can install only the JAVA games in your mobile phone. You can download the JAVA games on you computer and transfer them on your mobile and install them. Or you can directly download the game on the mobile from the website. I will advice you to download the games from the Samsung website for this mobile phone. You can download the games and applications for the for the Samsung STAR (S5233) mobile from samsungapps.

I would recommend you to get the latest version of the Samsung New PC studio. You also have to upgrade your firmware, because the firmware needs to be S8003DDIF4. IG1/IG2 will not accept this code.
    So, you can try something mentioned below:

1) Enter Admin setting menu *#5239870*#
    2) Enter Internal menu Master key *#7092463*#

Quote Originally Posted by YUVI NAGARKAR View Post
    for my star i have to dial *#5239870*# then goto internals and masterkey-*#7092463*#.but after doing all stuff when i goto games and more,and open the game it appears invalid java format>why is it so .pls reply as quick as possible.
    To install java games and applications you will need a JAD Creator, search for it and download and install it on your pc. Then get another tool called TK File Explorer by searching it on the web and also get the latest version of Samsung PC Studio and then you will require some tweaking to be done to get the games. Another way is:

1.Create a Folder Game (The name does not matter) via the PC Studio,
    2.Copy the game. Jar, only in the folder
    3.Remove the USB connection and go in the category "My Files"
    4.The game folder will appear and the game. Jar,
    5. Click it and you are asked to set up
    6. Enjoy

ohmy Re: How to install games on Samsung STAR (S5233)

TKfileExplorer is not detecting any port in COM settings
    what i do?

What operating system are you using ? Make sure that TKfileExplorer is compatible with your OS. If you are using it on Vista or Windows 7 than change the compatibility to Windows XP. If still it won't works than simple remove it completely from your system and reinstall again. It should work now. Reply with the results.

If you are getting a Unable to open the specified port error on your system then you must first make sure that your phone is under PC studio mode when connected to the system. Open the PC Studio and then close it. Now delete Tkfileexplorer.ini file and then open the tool. Reboot your system if needed. Try installing and uninstalling usb drivers.

@Author- I've win XP and the file explorer didn't come with an installer... it was pre-installed. thanks anyway
    @Cruzz- Yep i've entered ports through COM1 to COM5 and tried instaling/uninstalling devices.... but i'll try deleting the .ini file once though.. thanks

It's connected but there's an error while transferring files and only part of them have been transferred

I was too having a same issue there. This can be probably a connection issue. First change your settings in moble. For that click on Menu > Settings > Phone Settings > Pc Connections > Mass Storage. Then when you connect the phone it will be shown as a usb drive. You can just right click and copy paste the data in that. Try to update the drivers from the Device Manager.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast