Thread: Dell Inspiron 1520 & Nvidia question

Dell Inspiron 1520 & Nvidia question

I was having some doubts that whether the inbuilt Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT can be replaced on to my Dell Inspiron 1520? If it is soldered than I dont think it will be possible or wont it? I also heard that if we use the integrated driver of Dell for this card then it is good as compared to the downloaded ones from the nvidia site? Thanks for any information.
    Whats a question with no answer called ?><

Re: Dell Inspiron 1520 & Nvidia question

You cannot change or replace any of the inbuilt hardware from the laptop because notebook video cards and other components are not readily available for purchase and it is incredably difficult to et to them if the replacements were available. There are places that specialize in Notebook parts replacement, but they are not cheap.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Basically the drivers keeps on updating due to support different software or games or any other things, so I would recommend you to use the nVidia reference drivers on Dells which are newer than those offered by Dell, so download it from here.

I second that cause it is actually best to usethe computer manufacturer (dell, hp, etc) drivers for laptops. This is especially true when it comes to video drivers. The drivers you find at nvidia.com may not work with your video card. I wish I had a more technical explanation but I have had a similar experience with an older laptop of mine where I could only use the toshiba drivers for my nvidia card, and not the ones from nvidia.com
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"