Thread: Dell Inspiron e1705 fan makes too much noise

Dell Inspiron e1705 fan makes too much noise

I have recently purchase the second hand Aspire 5100, when I purchased at that time 2-3 weeks there wasn't any noise coming out of it, but gradually it started but the problem is that sometimes it comes and sometime it remains silent, for some heavy application there is no noise and for lighter programs it makes too much noise, is this normal?

help....

Re: Dell Inspiron e1705 fan makes too much noise

Installed I8kfanGUI, this will help you to run your fan to run properly with the minimum noise, Blowing air into it could have actually clogged things up worse, especially if you did it with the system intact (blowing in from the outside). You might try disassembling the system and cleaning it out more thoroughly and making sure that you didn't dislodge any wires. or you may Configure a temperature control policy to your liking and relax

Go to the Dell.com support site. Insert your sevice tag number and download the manual for your computer. They have some that explain how to replace parts that should show you what you need. and if you are concerned about the canned air then it is not air, but usually hydrocarbons. Spraying too long will result in cold liquid being sprayed into the machine which could cause problems as mentioned above. perhaps the CPU thermocouple was damaged.

The CPU fan is significantly larger and gets noisy at about 3000 rpm, but it very rarely spins that fast. The size of the fan is a remnant of the shared chassis design, See which direction fan blows air across vents, Buy compressed air take it outside and try to spray compressed air from opposite of where fan draws air should slear vents this will help to remove all dust.