Thread: How to know SDCARD serial number

How to know SDCARD serial number

Hi,

I need sample code to get SD card ID or serial number with any requirement. I'd like to read the SD card CID register to get your Serial Number, Manufacturer ID and other things that are written in this record.

OpenNETCF.IO.DriveInfo I tried to see if I can do something with it. The purpose DriveInfo gives me a serial number and manufacturer identification. There is nothing that tells me that this serial number is the serial number of the CID log of my SD card. Can someone tell me how to get the SDCARD serial number in nokia? Very appreciating for the answer.

Re: How to know SDCARD serial number

I would suggest you to check the sample application SDK DriveInfo. The application itself is quite simple: it explores and displays information about disk drives. For more information : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms901392.aspx

Re: How to know SDCARD serial number

You can send the IOCTL_SFFDISK_DEVICE_COMMAND with command 10 from the SD simplified specification. This will only work for cards plugged into a reader connected directly to the PCI bus - will not work with any USB card reader. It also depends on the host bus controller SD and meet the request or readers USB people have said that the use of techniques such USBView.zip, but this gets a different number and gets the same number no matter what SD card connected. Presumably it is reading the serial number of the USB host controller.

Source : msdn.microsoft.com