Thread: Cannot make or receive calls in iPhone

Cannot make or receive calls in iPhone

I am using my friends iPhone for few days because he has went for a long vacation to India. Everything was working fine but from few days the phone doesn't ring up and when i am trying to make any calls, over here i am not able to hear any dial tone and after some time it says that call failed and at the same time i am also not aware for incoming calls too. Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue or tell me why i am not able to make or receive calls from iPhone

Can't make or receive calls - iPhone

I was also facing such kind of issue try to restore your iPhone how this would solve your problem. If that doesn't work then i would suggest you to check out that are you able to see the cell signal icon in the status bar at the top of the screen. If there are no bars, or if it says “No service,” then this would be the reason because of which you are facing issue , in that case try to move to a different location.

One of my friend was also facing such kind of in that case i told him to to check whether his iphone is in airplane mode or not, if it is in airplane mode then you won't be able to receive and make any calls. if it's not in airplane mode then i would suggest you to choose Settings from Home screen and then turn airplane mode off. If that doesn’t work, turn airplane mode on, wait 15 seconds, then turn airplane mode off again. Hope it works for you.

I have found that many people are facing such kind of issue according to me it's an bug. Normally a sensor in the headset jack thinks there are headphones plugged in. A way to verify that is to try and increase/decrease the volume on the phone, and you should see the bell and earphone/headset displayed by the bell. Insert the headphones and remove them several times. That usually corrects the issue or else you can take your iPhone to service center and tell them about the issue. I am sure they will fix your issue.