Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009

Certificate Error, Contact the application supplier - Nokia

Hi,

I'm using Nokia Application Installer on my brand newN95 8gig, just trying to get it to install a new theme. I'm getting an error on the phone - 'Certificate Error - Contact the Supplier'. I checked to make sure the date is correct and this did not fix the problem. What else can I try?
Old 01-09-2009

Re: Certificate Error, Contact the application supplier - Nokia

Make sure that the dates are synchronized between your phone and your PC. Once you correct the settings, you should stop getting this error message. The device will not accept certificates originating from the future. If they do have, then you will not be able to use self signed certificates.
Old 01-09-2009

If you are trying to install an application or a theme, you receive the above error "Certificate Error, Contact the application supplier" message. The way to solve the problem is find the application manager on your iphone - app.Msgr, typically located in "Settings" or "Tools". Open, select "Options" then go in Settings, depending on what version you have. Then under "Software installation" change the "Signed only" to "All" and you are done.
Old 01-09-2009

If the so-called root certificate against the installation file that was signed has expired, then a solution is to set the phone date back far enough in the past for the duration of the installation (and then forward again the correct date).

Otherwise, the application developer needs to deal with it and have the installation file again signed with a digital certificate has not expired.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,