Thread: Need help updating Apple TV software

Need help updating Apple TV software

I am having an Apple TV that is now about 8 months old. Well, it is working fine, no problem. I have never update its software and that is what i wanna do to get the new features but i don't know how to do that. So i am here to know how can i update my Apple TV software ? Hope you guys help me out.

Re: Need help updating Apple TV software

Thats is true that every update brings new features with it, so whether it is iphone, ipod or Apple Tv, you must keep your device updated to enjoy its features. Here is how you can update Apple TV software, just go through this:-

• Select Settings > General using your Apple Remote.

• Select Update Software.

• At this time your Apple TV checks to see if an update is available and a Download Now message should appear.

• Select Download Now to start the download process.

• When the update has finished downloading, an Update Now message should appear.

• To start the update process, select Update Now. During the update process, your Apple TV will conduct a restart which is followed by the Apple logo and a status bar.

• On some TVs, the screen may display black for up to 15 minutes and the Apple TV may flash an amber light; this is expected behavior. Do not unplug your Apple TV during the update process.

• After the final restart, your Apple TV plays the opening video and returns to the main menu.

Currently there is an Update 2.4 available for your Apple TV that has some interesting features like:-
    1. Control your Apple TV with simple finger gestures via the Remote app. This feature requires Remote 1.3 running on an iPhone or iPod touch with iPhone OS 3.0.
    2. Search Flickr photo tags to find recently updated photos of interest. Save searches to quickly find new photos or use as a screen saver for Apple TV.
    3. View movies By Genre, By Movie, or Unwatched. View TV Shows and Podcasts By Date, By Show, or Unwatched.
    4. During video playback, click right or left to fast forward or rewind. Additional clicks increase the speed. Click down to show chapter markers.

Thanks for sharing this useful info friends. I am also using Apple Tv and was in search for this tips. Finally i got it here.

Also appreciate for making know the features of Update 2.4. Keep it up.