Thread: How to update Windows Mobile

How to update Windows Mobile

Hi,,

I am new to this forum and can say that i enjoyed this interesting community. I appreciate you all guys. I need a help from you all guys regarding my Windows Mobile. I am using it since about 8 months and i heard somewhere that some updates are available for the same. So i wanted to download those update to my Device.

Could you guys please make me know how can i download Windows Mobile updates ? Please help soon.

Re: How to update Windows Mobile

You can download Windows Mobile updates easily by connecting your phone to your computer without any extra cost by using a USB cable to connect your phone to a computer that has an Internet connection. You can also check your mobile operator’s web site for other updates. To download updates these updates you need ActiveSync installed on your windows system. If you it installed, than just follow these steps:-

• Connect your phone to your computer by using the USB cable that came with your phone.

• ActiveSync or WMDC should open automatically on your computer. If it does not, open it manually. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.

• In your computer’s web browser, visit the Updates for Windows Mobile page to find out if there are updates available for your phone.

• If updates are available for your phone, follow the instructions on the page to download and install the updates.

ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-powered PC and your Windows Mobile device. It allows you to synchronize Microsoft Outlook information, Microsoft Office documents, pictures, music, videos, and applications to and from your device. Open ActiveSync on your computer. Click File, and then click Connection Settings. Verify that the This computer is connected to drop-down list box is set to Automatic.

Make sure that Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) is installed if you are using Windows Vista. Open WMDC on your computer. Click Mobile Device Settings, and then click Change Connection Settings. Verify that the This computer is connected to list is set to Automatic.

Thanks for sharing this useful mate. As i am also a Windows Mobile user, i was also in search of this tip to update my Windows Mobile. But, as you said it requires ActiveSync, i wanted to tell you that neither i have ActiveSync nor Windows System. I am a user. So is there any other way i can download Windows Mobile update for my device ? Please help.

No matter you are not a windows user. You can also download these update for your Windows Mobile by using your phone’s web browser. If you are concerned about data connection costs, you can also download updates by connecting your phone to a computer by using the USB cable that came with your phone. Just follow this steps:-

1. On your phone, visit Windows Mobile Update mobile.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/updates.mspx.

2. Click the link for the update you want.

3. Click the download button.

After you install this update, your phone will automatically restart to ensure that the update is complete.