Thread: Smartphone vs PDA

Smartphone vs PDA

I am recently looking forward to buy a new mobile phone for my self & this will be my first own mobile... So while taking suggestion on it... i came across Conversation of Smartphone & PDA phone.... Does anyone give me a the best knowledge about it...???

Re: Smartphone vs PDA

PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) :
    It is a handheld computer, also known as a palmtop computer. Newer PDAs commonly have color screens and audio capabilities, enabling them to be used as mobile phones (smartphones), web browsers, or portable media players. Many PDAs can access the Internet, intranets or extranets via Wi-Fi, or Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWANs). Many PDAs employ touchscreen technology. a typical PDA has a touch screen for entering data, a memory card slot for data storage and at least one of the following for connectivity: IrDA, Bluetooth and/or WiFi. However, many PDAs (typically those used primarily as telephones) may not have a touch screen, using softkeys, a directional pad and either the numeric keypad or a thumb keyboard for input. Software typically required to be a PDA includes an appointment calendar, a to-do list, an address book for contacts and some sort of note program. Connected PDAs also typically include E-mail and Web support.

SmartPhone :
    It is a mobile phone offering advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality (PC-mobile handset convergence). There is no industry standard definition of a smartphone. For some, a smartphone is a phone that runs complete operating system software providing a standardized interface and platform for application developers. For others, a smartphone is simply a phone with advanced features like e-mail, Internet and e-book reader capabilities, and/or a built-in full keyboard or external USB keyboard and VGA connector. In other words, it is a miniature computer that has phone capability.

Intelligent PDAs and smartphones also use other forms of connectivity, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. With a connection Wi-Fi PDA or smartphone, for example, it can sail by Internet, consult the electronic mail and to unload archives whenever he is hotspot Wi-Fi is available, often at much more high speeds that with cellular data networks. If the device has Wi-Fi, also it can use the plans of calls of Internet, like Skype, to connect with friendly and relatives.