Thread: Can I make a international call from my verizon cell phone

Can I make a international call from my verizon cell phone

Hi,

I want to know if can make a international calls from my verizon phone to my friend abroad without having to sign up for an international plan or do I first have to sign up so that I have access to international calling.

Re: Can I make a international call from my verizon cell phone

You are all lowed to call call more than 40 destinations around the globe. For inquiry, call Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 to setup your phone to call internationally. Then Choose from their select International Long Distance plans or, for occasional international calls, or their Per-Minute Rates.

To make a international call from your verizon cell phone, you need to activate International Long Distance (I-Dial), this services allows you to make international calls on the Verizon mobile to many international destinations from your Plan's home airtime rate and coverage area. It depends on the country you are calling. The International Long Distance feature must be activated on your account in order to make international calls to other countries, but several countries may be dialed direct without the need for an I-DIAL feature simply by entering the appropriate area code and phone number.

Verizon does make available international phones for rental, but again this is an expensive service to provide. Now if it is a GSM find out if your phone is a tri-band or Quad band. Because the frequency they use may not be on your cell phone. Check coverage for your travel destinations to see which handsets are available.