Thread: Need to change language on my Ipod Nano

Need to change language on my Ipod Nano

I have recently bought an Ipod Nano from apple store. Now accidentally some kids have changed its language to Chinese. I am not able to understand that language at all and also don't know how to change its language. Could you guys please guide me in changing the language on my Ipod Nano ? Help will be appreciated.

Re: Need to change language on my Ipod Nano

Its very difficult to operate the device if the display language is that which we don't understand at all.

• Here the very first thing we need to do is to go to the main menu of the Ipod to change the language.

• Now scroll down to the Second-to-the-last menu option. That’s Setting Menu and the language settings can be found in one of its options.

• The "Settings" option to choose is located on the list as the second option from the bottom.

• Scroll down to the last menu option but don't select it. In English, this is the "Reset All Settings" option.

• Scroll up to the third menu item from the bottom. This should be the Language option.

• Choose the "Language" option.

• Then select the language that you want.

Thats It !!!

While searching for the solution online fortunately i came across apple's website that is showing the easiest way of changing the language on Ipod.Here it is:-

• Reset your iPod Depending on how much you've used your iPod since selecting the language, simply resetting your iPod may cause it to forget the current language setting, enabling you to select a new one. See "How to Reset iPod" for instructions.

• Update your iPod software If you haven't updated your iPod software recently, use the latest iTunes 7 and update the iPod software.

• Go to the main menu Disconnect your iPod from your computer, then press the Menu button until the menu title says "iPod," regardless of the language displayed. This means you are at the main menu.

• Select your language:
      • Scroll down to the last menu option but don't select it.
      • Scroll up one menu item. This should be Settings.
      • Press the Center (Select) button. This takes you to the Settings menu.
      • Scroll down to the last menu option but don't select it; in English, this is the "Reset All Settings" option.
      • Scroll up to the third menu item from the bottom one. This should be Language.
      • Press the Center button to select Language.
      • Select your preferred language from the list.

If you are unable to read the option because of the other language than the best suggestion i can give you is connect your iPod to your PC, and restore your iPod using the Updater. If you have an older iPod with color display (including iPod photo), than:

1. Scroll to the fourth menu item in the screen and press the Center (Select) button. This takes you to the Settings menu.
    2. Scroll down to the last menu option but don't select it; in English, this is the "Reset All Settings" option.
    3. Scroll up to the third menu item from the bottom one. This should be Language.
    4. Press the Center button to select Language.
    5. Select your preferred language from the list.