Thread: How to wirelessly sync Iphone with Itunes

How to wirelessly sync Iphone with Itunes

hi,

I am in need of an app for a iPod/iPod Touch which would wirelessly sync with iTunes. I don't know how hard this would be but it would definately be worth it. If the iphone could sync wirelessly over wi-fi or even over edge or 3g that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind needing to install a app on my computer but it needs to go through iTunes.

Re: How to wirelessly sync Iphone with Itunes

iPhone uses iTunes to sync with the calendar application you already use on your computer — iCal or Entourage on the Mac or Outlook on a PC — just as it does with your contacts. Have a Yahoo! or Google calendar? They both sync wirelessly to your iPhone. If you don’t already use one of these applications to manage your appointments, now is a great time to start, so you’ll be ready to sync when your iPhone arrives.

Syncing over 3g or edge would be little slow. Wifi would be noticeably slower than USB as well. See the utility, if you are for some reason unable to find your cable. Otherwise I would always choose wired other than wireless. Or if I want to put a few songs in your iTunes library and wanted to sync them without having to connect with a USB cord. I would never try sync a movie wirelessly, but it would be useful to do it with a few songs.

Why to sync Iphone with Itunes wirelessly ?? when we can, when the iphone can just as well as us directly through the ether with Internet servers? In other words, why build a WiFi replacement for the Dock to allow wireless syncing at home, when you could instead use WiFi or EDGE to sync select items directly with.