Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2009

Kyocera Oystr Master Reset

Hi,

I have a Kyocera Oystr KX9d of which I want to do master reset because display doesn't works. I looked everywhere and cannot find an answer. I didn't find the information I need for these particular phones. I also wanted to add that I'm trying to sell these mobile which is why I don't want any of my previous information on them.
Old 20-08-2009

Re: Kyocera Oystr Master Reset

If you can see a display on the screen, then the backlighting on the screen is broken - if you can't see a display, it's likely the screen is broken or the display controller is broken. Backlight can be easily fixed, usually. Also, you should be able to transfer your contact numbers over to a new phone by using the same SIM card so long as the phone numbers were stored on the SIM card - the only way to find out is to put it in another mobile and check out the address book.
Old 20-08-2009

I think, master reset of Kyocera Oystr, is in the security menu. The security code by default should be the last 4 digits of your mobile number, but that could be different. I believe if you go on the service provider's website they tell you how to do this - I had to do it to my old phone.
Old 20-08-2009

You can also some handsets to only accept a new sim, if the phone Security Code is included. The default code varies depending on whether the handset make and model. You can change if you wish, but we must ensure that you do not forget the new code. For knowing your default Master Reset for Kyocera Oystr, contact customer care, they can provide you the code.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,