Thread: Sony Ericsson won't send Text Messages

Sony Ericsson won't send Text Messages

hi,

My Sony Ericsson w550i phone has messages stuck in the outbox. It won't allow me to send Text Messages. I can recieve messages but because of the stuck message I cannot reply. I can't edit it or delete it from my outbox and it won't send either. I have tried reseting the phone and of course I have turned it off and on. Any Suggestions are Welcome. Thanks

Re: Sony Ericsson won't send Text Messages

Have you tried a different cell phone with your SIM card ? look at whether you get the same result if you do then contact your service provider and ask them that you been having problem with sending messages if you dont then send the phone back to sony ericsson w550i.

You need to check that your phone has sufficient network reception. Please wait for sometime before retrying. Please try to check the SMS network configuration settings of your phone through your Service Provider. They need to reconfigure your account to activate this feature on the phone.

It does sound like a bit of a bug if the client isn't clearing out all the smses it uses,your sms inbox is fulled, you need to empty your inbox, if it does not help then do master reset. You are still getting those messages then it would be potentially more serious.

idea Re: Sony Ericsson won't send Text Messages

Ok. I had that same problem with mine. This is wat u do.

1) Go to your outbox and cancel sending the message. It should have an X on it or something.

2) Take out your battery without turning it off first.

3) Remove your SIM card and put your battery back in.

4) Boot your phone back up without the SIM card.

5) After it boots all the way up, remove the battery again without turning your phone off.

6) Put your SIM card and battery back in and turn your phone back on.

7) Go to your outbox and delete your canceled message(dont try sending it again).

You should now be able to send messages again.

Thanks for the Answer ill try this solution with my old sony ericsson phone.
    Let you know if this works.

hey i had exactly the same problem, with a message stuck in the outbox blocking the sending of new sms's. The 7 steps hint from mixer70706 - is working!!! i was able to clear the outbox. Thanx a lot for the solution, this was a real pain!!!

I am still wondering how did that work 1)why was the message stuck 2)why the starting of the phone without sim fixes the problem....

ThumbsUp

Wow ive got the Sony Ericsson Vivaz and this happened to me ive just completed the 7 steps and it works perfectly i am so grateful thanks
    Thanks Mixer. Over a year later and still works.

I can't believe I've been using my old nokia brick phone for two years! And when i take the initiative to fix my sony ericsson phone it takes me 5 minutes on the internet!! THANKYOUUU

Hi ,

I too had the same problem and tried your method. I was unable to get the SIM out without bending it so just took out the battery when the phone was switched on as you suggest. I replaced it and that cleared the problem.

It seems the problem occurs when we write and send a text before the phone has connected to the network. I will try to remember to wait in future.

Thanks very much for the advice

T

My Sony 800i is still putting texts in the Outbox and I now find that when it happens, the phone stops working. I can't make or receive calls.

Taking the battery out whilst still switched on as suggested clears the Outbox but then new texts are placed in the Outbox again, even when a full signal appears on the display.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

T.

i have the same problem i cant send any message im trying to do what u told to do but i dont know how to boot the sony ericsson u5i vivaz without sim card please teach me how contact me @ my e-mail kalawang_2000@yahoo.com plss help me