Thread: Display Brightness of Toshiba Qosmio X775-3DV82

Display Brightness of Toshiba Qosmio X775-3DV82

Hello friends, i am having the problem with the display brightness of Toshiba Qosmio X775-3DV82. When i have not install the drivers of the video card then the brightness is been set to full automatically and when i installed the driver and installed it from the Nvidia then set the brightness to the maximum then it automatically goes to the low. I am not able to adjust it properly and set the brightness according to me. I wanted to have the display to be as stereoscopic 3D in a full screen 3D game like World Of Warcraft. So can anyone tell me that what should i do and also what is problem, please help me. Thank you.

Re: Display Brightness of Toshiba Qosmio X775-3DV82

I would suggest to do one thing which might be useful to you, try to re-install the flash card of the laptop, you get it and it will be bring up by the graphic when you will be pressing the function key (Fn). I am sure that it will solve the problem or but you can at least give a try to it.

I have not heard about this kind of the problem earlier, i would suggest that you take the laptop to the service center and you might be able to get the problem solved. There is no other solution to solve it.

Take the laptop to the service center, there might be the problem of the hardware connection. So it might be fixed and also it will be back to the original settings for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaaJi View Post
    Hello friends, i am having the problem with the display brightness of Toshiba Qosmio X775-3DV82. When i have not install the drivers of the video card then the brightness is been set to full automatically and when i installed the driver and installed it from the Nvidia then set the brightness to the maximum then it automatically goes to the low. I am not able to adjust it properly and set the brightness according to me. I wanted to have the display to be as stereoscopic 3D in a full screen 3D game like World Of Warcraft. So can anyone tell me that what should i do and also what is problem, please help me. Thank you.
    it is a known problem. This Problem exists on the Satellite and Qosmio series that have a 3D display.

The Nvidia Drivers cut the brightness to 50% of Maximum brightness of the panel. When you uninstall the drivers, the brightness doubles again. The only Workaround to have full brightness is to start a game in stereoscopic 3D and minimize it, then the Desktop will have full brightness. But unfortunately this won't work for games themselves…

I have contacted both Nvidia and Toshiba regarding their issue several months ago, but no new Driver was issued that solves this issue. I tried every possible driver.

This is a ridiculous issue because the Toshiba Laptops get poor Reviews because of the low (190c/m²) brightness, when in fact they are really good laptops and the screen could be gorgeous...