Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-2009

How to transfer contacts from Motorola Razr to Blackberry Storm

Hi,

I have an old Motorola Razr with 350 contacts and cannot figure out how to transfer them to my 8900. The Razr does not have a sim card so that is not an option. I just want to make sure that is there any way to transfer contacts from my old phone Motorola Razr on to the new Blackberry Storm? Is there a special way I need to save the data from the old phone so the Blackberry software can read it?
Old 19-08-2009

Re: How to transfer contacts from Motorola Razr to Blackberry Storm

If you can export your contacts from your Moto Razr to your computer? Perhaps to an Excel file which can then be imported into Outlook? If so, Outlook will sync easily via Desktop Manager to your Blackberry. That's exactly what I did when I moved from my Razr to the BB and it worked perfectly.
Old 19-08-2009

Are these contacts in a PIM? Outlook, etc.? If so, the Manager may desktop them depends. Otherwise, I think, you can also razr SIM of you in your BB, goto address book and go to menu - SIM phone books - Copy to all address books.
Old 19-08-2009

You need to Download and install desktop manager to transfer contacts from Motorola Razr to Blackberry Storm, connect your blackberry, run the US module, and configuration your options accordingly. You will see, I think, that ASCII import/export in option, and you probably can use the CSV file you have. you can also try Desktop Manager > Switch Device Wizard. I just don't recall if this will move contacts from the Razr.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,