Thread: Sound Card problem in Toshiba Laptop

Sound Card problem in Toshiba Laptop

My friend is having Toshiba Satellite laptop with him due to some reason he had recently formatted his laptop and install Windows XP SP2, he had installed lan, wifi ,vga and sound driver which working fine but sometime his laptop detect sound and sometimes not. But when he try to switch off his laptop and turn on it again then it works fine, he has called me up for this issue and i am also not able to find the exact issue. Can anyone tell me what would be the issue ?

If you are facing such kind of issue make sure to uninstall the old driver and at the same time also remove it from device manager too now try to install the latest driver for that you need to visit manufacturer site and also check the sound is not muted and its configured correctly in Sound properties in Control Panel. If you can't get the onboard sound to work, then you can opt for a usb or pc card sound solution. USB works well and will more than likely improve over the onboard sound.

thanks fro replying me i have try to download the latest version of sound drivers from the manufacturer and at the same i had also configured correctly in Sound properties in Control Panel but still not able to get any sound from sound card, can you tell me what would be the exact issue.

Sound Card issue in Toshiba Laptop

I think your on board sound card has being damage or being corrupted because of which you are not able to hear any sound, in that case take your laptop to Toshiba service center and tell them about the same they would replace your sound card and then it will work fine, but before that i would suggest you to have a look at the regular volume bar in the taskbar? I remember some models use the dial for the onboard speakers, but Windows also controlled it's own volume. So if Windows had the volume all the way down, you couldn't hear it even if the dial was all the way up.