Thread: Blackberry 8820 Gps not working

Blackberry 8820 Gps not working

Hello,

I have purchased a blackberry 8820 and I have some problems with GPS, I set GPS according to manual and other documentation, but it is not working. They do not find satellites, error: not to acquire GPS lock. So ... I cannot find the way to a tutorial to run the gps with a software ... we talk about telmap to amaze, to nav4all ... but for my part of the void ... I have no easy explanation for the application ...

Re: Blackberry 8820 Gps not working

We must, before launching the application, update the GPS (Tools / Advanced Options / GPS>>>> click update GPS)

Regarding amaze I think it works well on OS 4.5.

Updating the GPS ...

I go to Options>>> advanced options>>> GPS ...

and I find myself with a screen where I have:

"GPS Data Source" which is set to "Device GPS" impossible to change anything in itself since I did it ...
    "GPS Services" which is set to "Location ON" choosing save as "location off" on or off but does absolutely nothing!
    I then "GPS Location" with the latitude logitude the time fix the number of satellites and accuracy ... Everything is on 0 ...
    then I "Location Aiding" the option I have three ... "enabled" "disabled" or "disabled while roaming ...

if I took the blackberry option? I just buy the blackberry on ebay ... can 8820 with OS 4.5 ... and unusable in a GPS ...

when I launch Amaze v4.2 it loads then says communication problem when I leave then he very quickly "please wait while the application is closing"

You must be a plan for the GPS data to work properly ... the GPS needs the data related to work on updating ... the needs of the maps to locate you on the (needs information to do so) and use the cell towers to help trigulate your position is better. No, unlocking and use of a third party SIM card will not cause this issue ... Its attributable to hardware issues, I think.