Thread: Sony vaio 3 green lights but won't boot

Sony vaio 3 green lights but won't boot

My friend is having Sony Vaio pcg 7A21 laptop with him, he has went out for vacation and my laptop is being sent to service center so he told me to use his laptop during his absence everything thing was working at his place but today when i try to turn ON his laptop i was able to see three green leds at start up but afterwords nothing comes up on the screen. Can anyone facing such kind of issue or know what should i do to overcome form this issue ?

Apart from 3 green light it's also important that are you able to hear any beep sound coming from HDD,CD/DVD drive etc and at the same time try to reset your system by removing the battery and AC adapter then press/hold power ON button for 30secs. Put back battery and plug back the AC adapter then power ON as normal and also try running on AC only (battery removed) and vice-versa.

ony vaio 3 green lights

I have try to do that to but i was facing same issue and at the time of start up i am able to able to hear each and every beep which also includes RAm, HDD, DVD etc, is there any other solution by which i can overcome from this issue and thanks for replying me.

It might happen that there would be some issue with your LCD screen because of which you are facing such kind of issue in that case i would suggest you to hook it up with an external monitor and boot up your laptop and have a check for the same if you are able to get display on external monitor then it seems that there is some issue with your LCD screen then you need to show it to some engineer who would fix the issue and fix for you or else you can take it to service center too if it's in warranty period.