Thread: .wav USB connected sandisk sansa audio recorder - this file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - file recovery - Chkdsk utility

.wav USB connected sandisk sansa audio recorder - this file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - file recovery - Chkdsk utility

Hi,

I work for a newspaper, and I use a SanDisk Sansa m250 2 GB MP3 Player to record my interviews. It has worked great for over a year now, but for the first time and to my great chagrin, I received an error when transferring the recording from the player to my computer by USB cable. The error stated, "The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable." When I attempted to open the ".wav" file with Quicktime, a bubble opened at the bottom of my screen encouraging me to run a "Chkdsk utility." Should I follow the bubble's advice? I use a Dell D610 that runs Windows XP, if that is at all relevant.

I really need this interview--it is absolutely vital to my work. Remember, I'm a journalist, not a tech guy, so please use layman language.

Many thanks,
    Luke

Re: .wav USB connected sandisk sansa audio recorder - this file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - file recovery - Chkdsk utility

Connect sandisk to Dell D610 then go to properties of disk of sandisk that you can see in my computer there go to tools and run scan disk....now try to copy it again... also try GetDataBack Data Recovery Softwareif you want. now if this problem occur while your recording then there might chance that recording got corrupted .

.wav USB connected sandisk sansa audio recorder - this file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - file recovery - Chkdsk utility

Yes i would recommend you to follow the bubble which says you to run Chkdsk utility because it might happen that some of the files might have corrupted because of which you are getting message as The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable and at the same time you can checkout the below links for error message.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
    The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable
    Drive not accessible; file or directory corrupted
    Error on 500GB WD external drive that file or directory is corrupted and unreadable