Thread: Modem for Dell optiplex gx270

Modem for Dell optiplex gx270

My brother is having Dell Optiplex gx270 laptop with him, due to virus issue had given his laptop for formatting and i had install Windows XP Home Edition Service pack 2 as his Operating system and i had also install all the drivers too and everything was workign fine at my place. But today my brother try to start the internet connection through modem he was not able to get connected. Can anyone tell me what would be the issue with it according to me everything was working fine.

Sometimes you may face such kind of issue in that case you need to follow the below steps:-

1. First right click on my computer and then select the Hardware tab

2. Then click on device manager button then expand your "network adapters" option over here can you see a yellow circle with exclamation mark appear? If so this means there is no appropriate driver for your particular requirements.

3. If there are no exclamation marks over any of your options in Device Manager it is not a driver issue.

4. Make sure you have an internet feed running through your lan line by running it to another computer if possible or else call your ISP and check that they have not locked you out of your connection, and that your connection is working properly.

I have try to do that too but still facing same issue can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue because it's very important for since he has to take this laptop fro his business tour so that he can use his internet at other places too.

I was also facing such kind of issue and then came to know that there are lots of motherboards have a driver that is required to use the ethernet port on board. Make sure you do not need the driver and at the same time try to goto control panel over there goto connections and click on Internet connections. Go to configure a new connection and try to automatically connect to it. Also, make sure all cables are plugged in. I hope your modem should work properly.