Thread: Inflate failure send rfu upgrade error message with HP P3005 printer

Inflate failure send rfu upgrade error message with HP P3005 printer

I have HP P3005 printer and it has started giving some strange error and because of which i am unable to any printout out of printer, and it is displaying the following message : "Inflate Failure RFU Upgrade on Parallel Port" which then changes, in about three seconds to "Download File Now Send RFU Upgrade on Parallel Port". How do I rectify this problem? thanks.

Re: Inflate failure send rfu upgrade error message with HP P3005 printer

Go to HP, and select drivers. Select your unit, then scroll down past the drivers to the "Other O/S" area. This will be the RFU file you need. The HP LaserJet P3005 Printer Series (all bundles) has the potential to start up with a Blank Display or INFLATE FAILURE. But i will suggest you that if the unit won't accept the update firmware, then the formatter board will have to be replaced.

I also had the same problem and to eliminate this problem, you may Install with USB virtual port the driver, and after download the firmware with upgrade utility.exe. This printer either needed a new formatter board or an RFU firmware update. you will be needed to directly connect to the printer using a USB cable since there were no other options.

Using Windows XP or Vista was unfortunately out of the question because I only had access to a Mac. Looking online, I couldn’t find a single resource in order to send a firmware file to the printer. If the unit won't accept the update firmware, then the formatter board will have to be replaced. I cant see any toshiba chips on the boards and the serial numbers on the printers, i have are in the format of eg CNF1T68656 .

INFLATE FAILURE
    DOWNLOAD FILE NOW
    SEND RFU UPGRADE

Create a folder name it "tmpfrm" without the quotes
    Download the .RFU file from the HP Website and save it to the folder you just created.
    Add a local printer.
    Create a port chose local port give it a name like "myport" again no quotes
    Install the driver for the printer
    Make it the default printer.
    Share the printer give the share a name like "HPLaserJ" must I say it again about the quotes
    Now go to the printer properties ports section and switch it to "USB001"
    Turn on the printer let it get to the error and plug the USB cable in
    Open the printer window on your PC so you can watch the update go to your printer.
    Now go to the run dialog and type cmd /k copy /b C:\tmpfrm\your_firmware_filename.rfu \\your_PC_name\HPLaser.
    You should see the update progressing on the printer display window and the job in the printer window on your PC disappear.

Michael Davidsen