Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-08-2009

Backlight on my blackberry curve won't turn off

Hello,

I just got a Blacberry curve 8900. I have the backlight configured to 20 seconds to dim. The dimming happens as it should, but then randomly it just stops dimming. The device ends up just staying fully lit up and it drains the battery rather quickly.However the weird part is that I decided to turn my Blackberry off to turn the lights off, the lights won't turn off. The only way to turn them off is to take out the battery. Is this a hardware problem or a software one? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 13-08-2009

Re: Backlight on my blackberry curve won't turn off

If the battery pull wont work, you might try again loading your OS. sure to do a back-up on your PC first. Let the battery of at least 30 seconds.
I suspect when the program is to end without the but it remains the backlight on. This is what happens with probably navigation App. Try closing out apps to get the backlight off.
Old 13-08-2009

If you go into options from menu screen of blackberry curve, & go to keyboard \ screen you can as long as the set the time of back light stays on. The curve is a low light sensor with the leadership of the top right-wing of the relief device. If they receive hedged or then the backlight will continue. There is a new update available for your device, see if solves your problem.
Old 13-08-2009

To turn off backlight on my blackberry curve, change the brightness from 100-10 it makes very little difference to viewing ratings but dramatically increases battery life. There is a software called bblight that will help you adjust the light. I have not tried, and there is not a lot of information on the on-line, but it claims to help with similar issues. I am not sure whether it works on the blackberry curve.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,