Thread: How to check if a phone is on the lost or stolen list

How to check if a phone is on the lost or stolen list

Hi friends
    Some one is selling 8 gb iphone at Rs. 9000 to me it's cheaper compare to market. I am interested to buy that phone but before buying iphone i want to know that iphone which is i am going purchase should not stolen or lost iphone. is anyone know how to check if a phone is on the lost or stolen list ?

Re: How to check if a phone is on the lost or stolen list

I don't think there is any list available on manufacturer sites so that we can come to know that phone is stolen or not. tell that person you want phone with bill. so that you will be safe.

The best way to know is ask for the original bill, original charger and manual. because of this things you will come to know that phone is stolen or not.

Find the iPhone serial number and IMEI in the About screen on your iPhone. From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About. and ask in Apple shop about the complaint they will provide you information.

Actually AT&T does not have a lost/stolen list like Verizon does so if you buy an iPhone all you got to do is put the sim card on your account and you can use the phone. Verizons the one that gives problems if you purchase a phone that was reported lost/stolen, my step son purchased a phone from craigslist and checked with Verizon to see if the ESN was clean and it was, 3 days after paying $125.00 for a phone someone called in and reported it lost/stolen and Verizon called him and he had to give the phone back. Didn't get his money back or anything. So if you are buying a phone to use on AT&T you are ok, if it is a Verizon phone be very very careful!