Thread: Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote

Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote

Logitech announced its new Harmony 900 remote to control various multimedia technology via wireless RF and a color touch screen.

According to Logitech, the Harmony 900 remote control uses RF technology (radio frequency) completely redesigned to enable users to control multimedia home appliances up to 30 meters.

To extend the range of the remote and turn the RF signals into IR commands, an infrared transmitter (IR blaster) and one or two mini blasters supplied must be positioned near the apparatus to remotely.

The Harmony 900 also features a color touch screen to select the systems to monitor, and intuitive buttons located in four distinct areas: numbers, order DVDs, directional pad (D-pad) buttons with adjustable volume / channels, and menu buttons on screen.

The Logitech Harmony 900 can be programmed with a database of over 225 000 systems and peripherals for nearly 5 000 manufacturers represented.

Re: Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote

It is a key characteristic that I have individually relied on every my previous remotes (Harmony 880, Sony, Philips Pronto, etc.). Namely, the incapability to allocate a series of buttons for a button. It is quite interesting that the Logitech Harmony Product Manager (?) Actually going to write a review for your own product here (5 stars of course) and fully justify this lack of capacity. Hopefully I will save someone else from the distress. In my case, I have to return not simply this Harmony 900, however the Harmony 1100, 2 adapters for PS3, and an RF extender. Intended for those concerned, the Harmony 1100 has exactly the similar difficulty (remove the functionality of the sequence) and the 900. What a disappointment, wasted time and money.