Thread: Cr-48 causes at least a 2-3 minute delay while transitioning from 3G to WIFI

Cr-48 causes at least a 2-3 minute delay while transitioning from 3G to WIFI

I am using Chromebook modeled Cr-48. I like using chromium operating system. Actually I am having issue regarding 3G and Wifi. I hardly use 3G so haven’t faced through this problem before. But when today I tried to turn 3G ON while I was going to my home from university, then I faced a slight delay in switching from 3G to Wifi. So I want to know whether it is a regular thing, have anyone got such kind of problem. So please let me know on the same.

Re: Cr-48 causes at least a 2-3 minute delay while transitioning from 3G to WIFI

Well I am also using chrome operating system and even the same model Cr – 48. I am been using the 3G as well as wifi on my Chromebook. I haven’t faced such kind of issue on it. Yes sometimes even I think that there is problem, as these takes long time to respond to routers. But there is a minimal delay about this, and not more time like you are facing off. So I guess if it is your first time, might be it would take time and later on it won’t.

Re: Cr-48 causes at least a 2-3 minute delay while transitioning from 3G to WIFI

What I think is that there is no such problem with Chromebook. You might be facing it as a problem as you were in a motion vehicle. if we try this things when we are moving around, then various cell towers interrupt in this. In my case, I have never observed such delays and it gets connected within a few seconds. So while travelling your Chromebook would be hunting for a cell tower and thus due to this, it would take a time and you might think on that there is some problem.

Well thanks for giving me some solution on this; here I would like to tell you that, if I was in a moving vehicle then I do understand that it may take certain time in getting proper network range. But when I was switching to 3G, then at that time I was at my home place. And I guess here I made a mistake telling the thing, actually the 3G connected soon, but the Chromebook took time in getting again to Wifi from 3G. So here what might be the case?

I was just confused about the same as till I have observed there is no problem in connecting to 3G. Yes in Wifi there can be problem with wifi access point, so when you have dropped 3G connection, then check that it has shut down properly and even disable the cellular manually to confirm the same. Just go within the range so that you could receive the connection to wifi, if you are not within a specified wifi area, then hopefully you won’t be able to receive the connection.

I have found that going to 3G is easy and then transitioning back to wifi gives problems. I have observed the problem and when I connect to wifi then after a huge delay I get connected. I guess it checks for a secure connection, but it should just take 30 seconds, and not such few minutes gap. For that when you transit to wifi then just disable the wifi connection and then enable it again whenever you want to connect to wireless network.