Thread: Are the Data Plan's Mandatory for the Blackberry Verizon Users ?

Are the Data Plan's Mandatory for the Blackberry Verizon Users ?

Hi,

I am already with verizon since I am able recall with a cell phone. At least the last nine years yet. I looked verizon continue to develop and implement their success. I think that they have a strong network, quite frankly plans, and a large customer service. I have enjoyed their network and services and encouraged them to friends and family.

I have been excited to upgrade my PDA phone to an Blackberry. I want to know are the Data Plan's Mandatory for the Blackberry Verizon Users ?

Re: Are the Data Plan's Mandatory for the Blackberry Verizon Users ?

Data Plan's Mandatory for all new smartphones launched on or after November 14th 2008 will require a minimum $29.99 data plan for everyone except Government customers. In 2009, select Mobile Web 2.0 devices that have a full HTML browser will also require a data plan, either $15/month VCast or the Connect or Premium Plan which includes data. Verizon’s own system will be edited to prevent new smartphones from having PAYG, 1X Data Block or 10 MB data plan so trying to sweet talk the customer service representative into activating these plans on your line wont work. Now onto the semi-good news, the changes apparently only apply to new phones launched on or after November 14th and does not apply to existing plans and existing phones. According to the slide, the exceptions to the mandatory data requirement are as follows:

* Existing PDAs/Smartphones customers with Data Block will not be impacted
    * Existing PDAs/Smartphones customers with Pay As You Go will not be impacted
    * Existing PDAs/Smartphones customers with 10 MB / $24.99 Feature will not be impacted
    * Existing Gov’t customers may continue to add new PDAs/Smartphones or upgrade to new PDAs/Smartphones without a data plan/ feature of $29.99 or higher
    * Devices already in store will not be impacted (As older models are sold through they will still follow the old policy)

Source : boygeniusreport

The blackberry data plan is a contract that blackberry has made with verizon Wireless. The data plan Mandatory (unfortunately). It provides the Internet and e-mail characteristics. Also some of the Games. Also, if you are getting a blackberry, I would not recommend the blackberry pearl. I have had, and they would delete messages, before I read them and the service was appalling. the telephone was very slow and I wouldn't be summoned. This is only with the blackberry pearl already.

That depends on the type of blackberry, the price of the blackberry and how you/where you purchase the blackberry. shops, on the phone, and online all have different expectations. You must have the data plan in order to get back any discounts. As they say that what you remove the data plan after receipt of a discount, albeit reserve the right to 1) stopping your department, 2, add the data Plan back on without your consent, or (3) charges you (on your Bill) the price of the rebate they sent you. Some devices (never stated that businesses) will require that the data plan does not matter what.