Thread: Primary password lost for DELL laptop

Primary password lost for DELL laptop

I am in a big trouble recently i have received Dell D600 from my friend as a gift after receiving it when i try to turn ON my laptop i receive a message as This computer system is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Please type in the primary or administrator password and press enter. I asked my friend about the password he told me that he hasn't given any password. Please help me in this case to remove my password.

It seems that someone has set password for it, but can you tell me when you are getting password prompt because there two password security one is your BIOS password which gets pop up during start up and another one is your Windows Login and at the same time can you tell me which Operating system are your using it because there are different procedure for each operating system.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and i am getting the password prompt when i am trying to switch it ON according to me it would be my BIOS according to you. Can you tell me how to recover this password because i really want to use Dell D600 laptop or is there any software which will bypass this screen and allow me use laptop.

Password lost for DELL laptop

In that case you need to goto Dell Service center and tell them about the issue and they can only recovery the lost password or bypass the screen for it because this specially feature in Dell laptop only where you will be prompted to enter your password twice once when you Turn ON your laptop and another one is your Windows password and at the same time there is no Tool or software to bypass the first screen. But you can bypass or recover Windows.

Mastermindit Guest

Re: Primary password lost for DELL laptop

Easy way to get Dell HDD and bios master password
    Email your model and service tag and they email back your bios master password and or HDD password for your Dell computer. Free but donations are encouraged

buaini Guest

You mean you couldn't enter the latop cause you don't know the password?
    So,why not remove or reset a new one,you can see the previous post about windows password reset
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1198882.htm

I think your laptop have virus or you have install some programs wrongly.But you can remove the password,see this article about how to remove the password,it is suitable for you.