Thread: How to get wifi on Verizon xv6900

How to get wifi on Verizon xv6900

Hi,

I have Verizon xv6900 mobil;e phone and i want to activate wifi on my phone i know that it doesnt have wifi feature, but s there an antenna in the phone or any hack to activate wifi on this phone ? is there any software that helps you connect to open wireless access points with a single mouseclick.

Thank you

Re: How to get wifi on Verizon xv6900

For your information there is no such hack which can activate wifi on Verizon xv6900. cause The HTC Vogue (Verizon xv6900) just didn't come out with WiFi. go to verizon site and have a look at the specification of Verizon xv6900

You need Free Xv6900 Pocket WiFi Radar 1.0 ! This software helps you find and connect to free wireless access points with a single mouseclick. It's WiFi for Dummies. Get your mail and browse the web without being charged. The ideal WiFi-tool for frequent travellers and mobile professionals. Pocket WiFi Radar will connect to open hotspots automatically and shows you exactly what it is doing in a cool animated radar screen. Watch TV, make Skype calls and IM: everything's possible with a free WiFi connection.

Try Wi-Fi Locator for the Xv6900. With this handy utility you can locate and determine if a Wireless network near you is secure or not. You will be amazed at the number of wireless networks that are in your area, in a 10 mile trip in the country we found over 100 networks, 60 of them were unsecured allowing us to connect to the internet for free.

smile Re: How to get wifi on Verizon xv6900

Hye...

VX6900 is a nice phone to have with a full feature... i bought it last week and the sad part is there is NO WIFI!!

I found a product in ebay and bought it!

first you need a MicroSD Wifi Card and install the software... it works perfect

here is the link to view cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200416266655

hope i help you solve the problem

Hi hirklins,
    I realize it's been a while, but is there perhaps another link to where I could purchase a MicroSD Wifi Card that let wifi will work on the XV6900?
    I tried searching ebay, though all the search results look as though they're all regular MicroSD cards. Also, will this work if I installed Android on my XV6900?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by carnotricecooker View Post
    Hi hirklins,
    I realize it's been a while, but is there perhaps another link to where I could purchase a MicroSD Wifi Card that let wifi will work on the XV6900?
    I tried searching ebay, though all the search results look as though they're all regular MicroSD cards. Also, will this work if I installed Android on my XV6900?

Thank you
    If I have some proper understading about it then is this card sticks out from the phone. I've not heard of anyone using it. If they ever get around to making one that is standard size, it would be awesome. Here is a link for info on the microSD:
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdw823.htm
    I also think that this wifi card will not fit in the vogue without modifying the casing. The card will stick out approximately 1/2".