Thread: Bluetooth connections from desktop to pocket pc

Bluetooth connections from desktop to pocket pc

Hi

I purchased HTC Hero pocket pc last month. HTC Hero havdesktop to pocket pcing very good features. I want to connect pocket pc to my desktop via Bluetooth connections to access internet and transfer files. But i don't know how to do that, can someone help me ?

Thanks

Re: Bluetooth connections from desktop to pocket pc

You need to pair your computer with your mobile phone before using your phone to connect to your ISP. Select "Setting up a Bluetooth device in the Bluetooth status menu in the menu bar, then follow the onscreen instructions provided by the Bluetooth Setup Assistant to do the pairing with your phone.

Follow the steps to connect internet

• Open System Preferences, click Network and choose Bluetooth from the pop show. If Bluetooth is not available, choose Network Port Configurations from the Show pop-up menu and make sure Bluetooth is selected.
    • Enter the information received from your wireless service provider. This information generally include a phone number access and a user name and password. Enter this information in the tables PPP and TCP / IP Network preferences. If you do not have this information, please contact your ISP.
    • Choose your phone in the menu of the table Modem Modem Bluetooth Network Preferences, then click Apply.
    • Open Internet Connect, located in the Applications folder.
    • Choose Bluetooth from the pop setup. Check the accuracy of information provided by your wireless service provider, and then click Connect.

Accessing the Internet using your pocket pc and notebook is simple if you have the components indicated above. The following steps apply to computers running Windows XP with Bluetooth support added. Unlike earlier Windows versions, WinXP Service Pack 2 includes native support for Bluetooth. If you have WinXP SP1 and can’t or don’t want to obtain SP2.