Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2009

How to use boost mobile phone to connect internet on laptop

Hi,

I want to know, if it is possible to connect my laptop to the phone so I can get on the Internet and check my email when I am away from the home via a USB cable. I have to configure so you can use my data plan to drive to connect to Internet on my computer. So I want to know how to use boost mobile phone to connect internet on laptop ??
Old 08-08-2009

Re: How to use boost mobile phone to connect internet on laptop

Hi,

For connecting internet on laptop with boost mobile phone, you need the software for your mobile phone. But please use the CD software that you have with your mobile phone. I have contact and it work 400+kbps. I haven't tried this because I dont have a 3G phone.
Old 08-08-2009

Re: How to use boost mobile phone to connect internet on laptop

To use boost mobile phone to connect internet on laptop :

1. Use Firefox with the extension created in FasterFox maximum speed and navigation is much better. An alternative is to use Opera.

2. Using a download manager to speed up your downloads by 4 times and sometimes up to 8 times (for example, your av. DL speed was 1.0 Kb / s increasing to 4.0 Kb / s, and you download the file in 4 different places at once.) I recommend using Get Right.

3. Get your free premium version, and to get rid of time limit of 2 hours and a maximum of 10 connections. And can not get a crack or something for him, because it uses the account information you created on your site.

Well it. Now you can use your phone as a modem as you will not have access to a normal internet connection so this is a good alternative and also because it's free for me smile.gif Although I avergae of 1 Kb / s speed 1.5 Kb / s maximum, remains good as leaving the overnight download of 100-150 MB.

Source : trap17

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,