Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009

Can you use a Sprint phone on ATT Wireless

hi,

Right now i am using blackberry with AT&T but now i dont want to use AT&T network and move to sprint. Is there any way I can replace SIM card or reprogram and use this phone on Sprint network? I heard that the networks used by Sprint and AT&T are incompatible. is it true.
Old 07-08-2009

Re: Can you use a Sprint phone on ATT Wireless

Only Sprint branded phone can be used with sprint network. You can not use a sprint phone on the At&t network, it is absolutely impossible. The networks used by Sprint and AT&T are incompatible. Your phone is GSM/GPRS/EDGE phone which will not ever be able to work on Sprint's CDMA network.
Old 07-08-2009

AT&T phones won't work on Sprint's network because the technology type is different. even if they were unlocked phones it wouldn't work. Phones are pre-programmed at the factory for whichever carrier is going to sell them. Sprint does make a blackberry curve, BlackBerry devices can work on both networks, but currently they are built for one or the other and don't support both concurrently.
Old 07-08-2009

Its not possible to use Sprint phone on ATT Wireless or vice versa, cause When you moved carriers, did you move all your services. There are several types of services, that you should verify that your new carrier has, when you change companies. These are local call, local toll, inter state/ long distance.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,