Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009
Members

iTunes error: There is a problem with this windows installer

Hi friends,

I am having 8gb Apple iPod and i am facing some issue with it's iTunes, when i am trying to update to the new version of iTunes i am getting the following error message as There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. I don't know why i am getting this error message and i guess if i uninstall iTunes, i will be losing all my contents. Does anyone know how to overcome from this error message.
Old 04-08-2009

iTunes error: There is a problem with this windows installer

Which Operating System are you using it, if you are using Windwos Vista 32-bit then there is no issue in that case try to reinstall iTunes again and check whats is happening. If you are still facing the same issue then try to install iTunes at different location. For example if you are installing it in C:\Program Files\Apple\iTunes then try installing it to C:\Program Files\iTunes... this will make your registry have to point to a new area for the application, so any corrupt information or keys probably won't effect the new install.
Old 04-08-2009
Members

There is a problem with this windows installer iTunes packages

Thanks for replying me but i am using Windows XP SP3 and i am facing this issue at my computer only but if i try to install the same version on my friends computer then it's working fine, don't know what's wrong with my PC. Does anyone facig such kind of issue ?
Old 04-08-2009

iTunes error message

i was also getting same error message when i try to run the latest version of iTunes when i caled Custmer support they told me to install VBScript version 5.7 for Windows XP and then click on start and go to Run and type the command as regsvr32 vbscript.dll and clcik on OK. Over here you will get message as DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded and click on OK,finally try to install iTunes or QuickTime again.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,