Thread: Digital cameras First SLR

zakir Guest

Digital cameras First SLR

Hi friends

Planing to purchase a DSLR. I am willing to spend around $1000 but would like it even more if I could go cheaper! I was thinking about the Nikon D40 but I wasn't sure if the D80 or the Canon 40D would be better or what. I want a lot of manual control but also the option for a quick auto in case something is passing by and I don't have the time to set up. I would love to have an LCD preview but I know only a few DSLRs have that.what you guys think?

please post your reply buddies..!!!

Re: Digital cameras First SLR

With the Nikon D80, which is a quick responsive camera in all regards startup was quick enough that you're never likely to notice, shutter lag was low, and shot to shot cycle times in both single-shot and continuous mode were very good.The Nikon D80 is a very responsive camera, albeit not quite up to the level of performance of its big brother, the D200. It's full-autofocus shutter lag is actually just a hair faster than that of the D200, but its shot to shot cycle times are longer, and continuous-mode speed is lower, with much lower buffer capacities as well. Shutter response when prefocused is also slower though, the 83 msec response of the D80 being only average for a DSLR. It falls short of its big brother the D200 in several areas, but that's to be expected, given the substantial price difference between the two models.

Yeah, the Canon 40D is more expensive and if it's worth it, but I don't know if it really good or not, compared to the non-expensive models. I'm just saying my ideal would be 1000.LCD preview is just being able to view the shot through the LCD obviously what you are thinking of as "Live View." I like to be able to hold the camera away from me and take it through the LCD. Many dSLRS don't have this option and you have to look through the viewfinder each time. The LCD is for playback only.

I opposed going digital until now, but my wife got me a D80 for Christmas. I am fond of photography it has been a hobby, and I've owned Nikon F2, F3HP, Bronica 6x6, and various 4x5 view cameras. One thing I've always struggled with in using the highly convenient 35mm SLR format is enlargement capability with such small format images. Once you've used 4x5 it's hard to settle for the graininess and low resolution of most 35mm films