Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009

Pandora IPod Touch

I have my collection Itunes running Russound distribution through an amplifier Airport Express. I am using my iPod Touch like the remote control, so basically they have a poor man. Now I want to have access to Slacker, Pandora, Last.fm and/or of similar way. I know that I can use aerodynamics to transmit content of my PC, but do not want to have to go PC whenever it wishes to change the source. There is some way of which itouch like remote control can use me to call Slacker, Pandora, etc and the aerodynamic use to obtain the exit Airport Express? Or there is some other software that to make something similar?
Old 04-08-2009

Re: Pandora IPod Touch

Not through the Airport Express. Apple almost to limits of content of iTunes. What they want is a Logitech Squeezebox Duet or Sonos. Both allow him to listen to their library of local music (no-DRM only) like the airport, but also has access to things like Napster, Rhapsody, the radio of the Internet, Last.FM, Pandora, Sirius XM, and others. I cannot speak by the Squeezebox iPhone/Touch remote application because I have never used, but the application of Sonos for iPhone/Touch is superior appraises.
Old 04-08-2009

Re: Pandora IPod Touch

I do not want to spend the money. I have made some investigations and seems a SoundBridge will work directly with my NAS (HP MV5140) without the necessity to maintain a PC. Also there is a remote Iphone for the SoundBridge application. Somebody has used a configuration like this. Some idea of what so fast or slow it will be as my collection of more than 54,000 songs.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,