Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009

How to Fix a PSP UMD drive

Hi,
I am having some problems with my Sony psp. It it is not playing umd disc. My psp is not so old. I had contacted the service center. They told to buy a new one. I know there is way by which the umd drive and can be changed. I need complete instructions for this. Also from where I can buy the same replacement. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2009

Re: How to Fix a PSP UMD drive

See this is a quiet tough job. You will have to open the entire unit and that can result in damage of any part inside the psp device. I think you had never done this before. But don't worry about that. There are certain technicians who can repair that. Instead of purchasing a new one contact to any technician who can repair PlayStation, Mobiles and psp. The replacement for the same is available. You can buy that online on many shopping sites.
Old 03-08-2009

Try this simple solution. Hope this can help your. In your PSP enable the UMD auto start option. To do this go to settings and then system settings. Now go on UMD Auto start and set in on. Remove battery from the psp and wait for a moment. Then after sometime insert the UMD disc. Now put the battery back again and switch on the psp device. The disc will run now. If not then the entire UMD unit is damaged. And changing it not a easy task. A skilled technician can do that. You can damage it more.
Old 03-08-2009

Changing the UMD drive means disassembling the entire unit. You will have to open the front panel then safely remove the display cable and so on. The UMD drive lies at extreme below. So after disassembling the entire front panel with the display and then removing the back panel the UMD drive will come up. There are tons of videos on the internet for the same. The video guides you to the entire process one by one. But it recommended that you should not do it by your own hand. PSP is common device so you can look for the repair shop also. Try to talk to some computer technician. They can help you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,