Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-07-2009

How do i take my laptop out of standby mode

I'm have a Hp DV6000 laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that ones it goes to standby mode, it does come back from the standby mode. For that i have to keep on rebooting my system. So, can any body tell me that how do i take my laptop out of standby mode? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.
Old 31-07-2009

Re: How do i take my laptop out of standby mode

Computer activity stops, monitor screen goes blank, because it is not receiving signal and the computer goes into rest. For that you need to move the mouse or keyboard when it goes i to standby mode.
Old 31-07-2009

Sleep mode was originally implemented simply as a screen saver. In order to resolve the above issue you need to press CTL, ALT, DEL keys. As it awakens the computer and returns back to the Desktop screen and normal operation without rebooting your pc.
Old 31-07-2009

A slight touch on the mouse brings me to the welcome screen and I can resume my previous activity. If that doesn't resolve your issue, you need to follow the below procedure.For that you need to remove the battery and all power from your computer. This will kill the hibernation process. Then you need to put the battery back in, with outlet power. Then try to start the laptop in safe mode. Then you need to go to the Start menu--> Accessories--> System tools--> and System restore. Then you need go through the process of restoring the computer any time before you tried installing the update. Then it will automatically restart in normal mode and you shouldA slight touch on the mouse brings me to the welcome screen and I can resume my previous activity.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,